20 June 2010

grateful

At the risk of coming across all esoteric or religious - and I am neither - I still feel this urge to note that at the moment I feel so incredibly grateful. Grateful for this slow unfolding summer, the abundance of fruit and blossoms, for R on my side, his patience and confidence, for lovely S far away and yet so close with her whirlwind ideas, for gentle N who despite all her personal upheavals has made the last 6 weeks so much easier, for being able to cycle down to the river every so often to watch this magnificent force of water flowing towards the sea, for pleasant dinners on the patio, funny or moving or crappy DVDs to watch in company, all the books to read and discover, to be able to sleep most nights, listening to birdsong when I wake in the mornings...

No comments: