17 November 2012

Slow stuff, this recuperation. Still working on it. There's only that cough now and the soppy exhaustion, the sore head and the ringing ears. Mostly. I am getting so much better. I think.
When I had to start the immune suppression almost three years ago I was warned that patients often pick up one heavy duty inflammation after the other. Am I ever glad that this is only the second one of that caliber. 
In my previous life I was fairly healthy, I seem to remember. At least I can count on one hand the number of times I was off work and on antibiotics in the past 25 years.
Gosh, I was robust.
Losing confidence in your body is a nasty condition. Every hour I have been repeating in my head: all things change, all the time. This will pass. Billions of cells are restored and restoring. Our bodies always strive for health, that's what they are programmed for.
And yet, I try to read the expressions in the looks of the experts, listen carefully to any hidden message in their words. Dr B just laughed, she knew what I was up to right away. She probably heard this little voice from deep inside my mind, what if this... No, she said, we cannot tell. Just rest, enjoy the rest. 






No comments: