19 April 2013

The plumber called and he was very polite. He fixed the dripping cistern and was most understanding when I told him that we were not interested in redoing the bathroom despite its present outdated state of design. Why replace something that is working, I asked and he looked around and replied, you are not one for the new trends then. Bless him.
The sun is out and the doors are open. I am getting used to the spring noises again, all the gadgets, lawnmowers and power hoses and of course my neighbour's teenage daughters across the hedge fighting at the top of their voices over lunch.
We have a loose door frame in the house which will forever testify that this was once home to my teenage girl, the one who would bang her bedroom door every so often. I could get quite sentimental touching this frame. I could get quite emotional, really. But there it is, she moved out and into the world many years ago. And I think that some of this world is a better place because of her. Gosh, that sounds awfully mushy. 
I did not sleep too well, all my aches and pains were at it in excellent team work. This will pass, I know but for now I shall resort to splendid distraction for the time being. Maybe things will pick up after that.



6 comments:

MedicatedMoo said...

Our teenage girl isn't a door slammer, but a sulker.

So the frames will stay strong but oh, sometimes the mind...!

Sabine said...

Wait and see, Kath...

Ellena said...

Did she bang the door because you did not allow her to go to the Field?

Sabine said...

Banging the door and occasionally throwing something against it was her way of anger management. Could have been worse. We are all very fond of that door now.

Sabine said...

Father Ted came later when things were much calmer again. He has been with us ever since.

beth coyote said...

Banging teenagers. I had one of those too.