29 September 2013

The first visitors of what feels like a long string all the way up to Xmas have arrived. Joking, eating, drinking, long discussions into the night and with it a terrible tiredness, upset stomach, sore throat. I push away any feelings of loss as I drop them off at the museums, the galleries, the outdoor music events, watch their energy and their eagerness, something I used to have so abundantly. Back home I wrap myself in blankets and drink more fennel tea before I start making elaborate dinners and gear myself up for another night of laughter and talking.

I turn on the radio and I hear 
Oh life, is bigger
It's bigger than you
And you are not me
and I start to cry for a short comforting moment. Autumn is here.


3 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

I have always said that that video is the entire reason the music video was invented.
It has comforted me so many times.

Fire Bird said...

oh thank you. Shivers

Rouchswalwe said...

Prost to autumn! Prost to R.E.M.! Prost to you!