19 June 2014

After easter, ascension and whit Sunday, this is the last of the spring/summer holy holidays, corpus christi. Here in this country with an agnostic majority, we take all this stuff very seriously. After the procession today, the catholic youth group down by the river is having a barbecue, which I think is quite the suitable thing to do. A touch of the Varanasi Ghats.
Of course, I won't dare to clean windows or cut the lawn and all the shops are closed . Instead, the nation indulges in watching  football soccer, food and drink, procrastination and all the other stuff that comes with it.

We decided to stop forcing the whatever pills down our little old cat's throat twice a day. And yes, we tried all the right moves, excluding the burrito thing which involves wrapping her tightly in a towel, R will not hear of it. Being blind and deaf and very sleepy, she has now started to hide in fear and my hands and arms are covered in bleeding scratches. This is not the way to do this. I am not sentimental or sad, she is an old lady who so far has enjoyed a fabulous life since she was found as a very very young abandoned kitten covered in ticks and maggots. We will not turn the last weeks/months into a miserable daily battle.











6 comments:

mm said...

Bless her. I'd take the same course.

Ms. Moon said...

I admire you for this compassion.

am said...

Amen!

I wish the same for myself. Comfort care only.

Her dignity and grace come through in your photo. Such beauty.

Rouchswalwe said...

Ja, I felt the same when my old man was at that point. He too was an abandoned kitten when I took him in and nursed him back to health. Let her enjoy the scents of the garden and warmth of the sun and your deep affection for her.

MedicatedMoo said...

Good decision. Your photo proves that.

Anonymous said...

That is the greatest love, letting her decline in her own kitty cat way.