12 October 2024

autumn week


It's been a hard week, physically, but the mood has been surprisingly cheerful. We are eleven days into October, then comes November, December and before we know it, the days will get longer again. Time flies. Autumn is late this year, colourwise. 

 



 
This is the cemetery I visit quite often. At this time of the year, it really should not be that green. 
Temperaturewise (is that a word?) it's autumn, I wore my winter jacket for the first time this evening.
 
We harvested all the pumpkins and have eaten some already, here's the rest.
 

 
 
Basically, I am exhausted. But not always, not all the time. I wouldn't be able to hold down a job right now. My siblings are confused, tell me how well I look and how fit I am, what with walking and stuff. 
A person with a chronic disease should not look so normal.

Anyway, been through this so many times.

Here are two nice little videos that came my way this week, first from rural New Zealand:


next from a laundry room near you:

2 comments:

  1. Okay. "Mum Does The Washing" is just about the best thing I've seen in forever. So very slyly charming.
    I know I've told you this before, or at least I think I have, but when my sister-in-law was waiting on a kidney transplant, she lost a lot of weight and people kept telling her how great she looked. "Looking great is the least of my concerns," she would say to them.
    So ironic, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't watched the first all the way through but what a wonderful endeavor and learning experience plus...flowers! and Mum Does The Washing had me laughing out loud. so subtilely on point.
    doesn't seem quite fair to look so good when you aren't.

    ReplyDelete