26 September 2010

the secret

There are moments when I am almost ready to shrug off any notion of autoimmune disease and are busily welcoming the idea my physiotherapist put in my head - namely that the dislocations she can feel in my cervical spine, combined with the resulting tense muscles and sore endpoints of various ribs etc. etc. are familiar to her, i.e. she has seen all this causing vertigo and even sudden loss of hearing in other patients.
I feel as if I have written down a secret. But, no, all these experts have looked in detail at my cervical spine, the CT and MRI images, tested hearing and balance and why would none of them suggest any connection?
Why after weeks of intense and skilled work on my neck and balance did I get a heavy case of vertigo last February?
No, not a hope.

No comments: