14 May 2012


Marx is talking

Some days when the light gets brighter in the West,
I watch the glittering streams of money,
foaming and breaking the banks,
flooding previously barren land.
I am amused by the dictatorship of waffle,
the currently accepted theory of society, according to
what I hear from down there. I am well.
I meet God sometimes. He looks rested.
We discuss metaphysical matters, not without humour and
He comes across astonishingly well versed, dialectically.
Only recently, he asked me for an edition of my complete works.
He claimed he couldn’t find one anywhere.
Not that he wanted to believe in it, he said,
But there is no harm in reading, is there?
I gave him my own copy, the last
of the blue edition incl. commentaries.
Actually, he is more learned than I thought.
Theology bores him; he doesn't agree with
deconstruction; he thinks psychoanalysis is rubbish
and he won’t hear of it. His prejudices are amazing.
For example, he will forgive Nietzsche
even the most foolish thought; Hegel, on the other hand,
he cannot stand. He is too shy to speak of his own project. Please,
he said recently after a long look
down onto earth, please get ready.


(poor translation is my own, I am sure he can do it so much better)

2 comments:

am said...

"He is too shy to speak of his own project."

Thank you for translating this poem, Sabine. Reads well to me. I'd like to read more by Michael Krüger. Maybe this:

http://books.google.com/books/about/Himmelfarb.html?id=MPCzAAAAIAAJ

Hope you've been able to see a dentist today. Sorry to hear about your experience this weekend.

L."Wren" Vandever said...

That's incredible.

Thank you for the translation. Wow.