22 April 2013

So here is spring again and this is magnolia week it seems. Next will be lilac week and so on. Much too fast, as always and I could get a bit panicky about it all being over too soon. Midsummer in two months already, first frost in six etc. Yes, I know this is not the way to approach it.
My child is poorly or has been poorly, something lingering that needs medical attention and she is struggling with that and her urgent and full life. A happy and healthy life it is. That is the most comforting part of it all. Could be nothing of course. But try and tell that to the heavy stone in my chest. She lives 18000 km away from me. I probably would be just as helpless if her home was around the corner.

3 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

I am the same with my children. No one tells you how it will always be this way, no matter the years passed, the distance between.

Ellena said...

If only we could wrap them in moss-tufts.

MedicatedMoo said...

It must be very tough being so far away from her. My thoughts are with you and thank god/chocolate we have Skype.