16 July 2018

this feeling of being useless when you are ill and unable to be active lying on my daybed (luxury) and asking myself how can I not waste my time, my limited existence notwithstanding, and realising that this is not wasting time

It's been a very hot day, my GP smiled at me this morning as she handed me another sick cert covering the rest of July (with me protesting, what ever is my problem?), let's reestablish some calm here, she said, you are doing too much.

The heat brings back memories. This used to be my favourite lunch place. Three spicy samosas and a bottle of fizz. Most days, the people in the queue very politely laughed at my attempts of teaching them in the art of capitalism.


9 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

No. Not wasting time. Healing. Very different.
Three spicy samosas and a bottle of fizz sound like the most perfect lunch in the world to me. I wonder if that place is still there?

ellen abbott said...

as Ms Moon says not wasting time. something I have to tell myself while I am refraining from doing some work while the pain just above my tailbone diminishes.

Colette said...

Thinking of you and hoping you feel good enough to go back to work in August. I AM glad you are realizing non-productivity is not a waste of time. In some ways, those are the times when we fully inhabit time.

Linda d said...

How does one handle vertigo day after day? I’m on day 6 and am despairing a bit.

Steve Reed said...

Which is perhaps the best response to capitalism!

Linda d said...

Thank you for your visit to my blog. I cannot tell me how much I appreciate you sharing your first hand knowledge. My best to you for smoother sailing in the coming days.

37paddington said...

where was that place with the three spicy samosas and the bottle of fizz? thanks for the reminding that taking care of oneself is not wasting time. a woman i knew, a minister, once said from the pulpit, "self care is a revolutionary act." it zinged me like blazing truth.

Sabine said...

Indpendence House, Victoria, Mahé, Seychelles - it's still there

Joared said...

That’s the challenge isn’t it — knowing how much is too much and when to limit before reaching that point which often is only inconsistent.