06 January 2024

books 2023

I am a reader, I've been reading forever and I read everything, cereal boxes, advertising flyers, bus ticket stubs, novels, science manuscripts. For many years, I also sold books and to this day, I haven't been able to stop slightly rearranging and tidying shelves in bookshops I visit. (But from observation, I know I am not the only one.)

This here is weird and I don't think I'll do this ever again, these graphs and stuff, but intriguing nevertheless.

Library Thing is my digital library, R gifted me a lifetime subscription when I was first diagnosed with the shitty disease. It's now free for all.  

According to my yearly reading review, a new feature, I've read 71 books in 2023, 15 of these thrillers. My mother would be disgusted.

Admittedly, I did not finish all of them, but that's my prerogative. The time when I would feel guilty for not reading a book to its end are long over. 







6 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

We have a few in common that I read this year too. I'm with you on not finishing a book if it is giving me nothing I want. Life is definitely too short.

Barbara Rogers said...

OMG - cover colors charted! But what about...I don't know, the type face? Many authors spend a great deal of thought about that. You're ahead of my list for 23 that's for sure!

am said...

Thank you for reminding me of Library Thing. It's been a while since I added any books but, like you, I am always reading something. Interesting to see the graphs and charts. Our public library keeps a record of what I have checked out. I don't read everything I check out. Never enough time for all the books I want to read. I've also been checking out DVDs and audiobooks. I need to go downtown today or tomorrow and pick up an audiobook of Allen Ginsberg reading Songs of innocence and Experience.

Pixie said...

I've never seen this but I like it. I read a lot too and it would be cool to have a record of it at the end of the year.

I don't finish books I don't like either, nor do I feel the need to read the book from front to back. I often wander around through the book, especially if it's not that interesting or if it's too interesting:)

ellen abbott said...

I've read fewer books this year than normal, only four books in the last four months. That's ridiculous. I looked at your graphic to see if we had read any of the same books...nope. just haven't seemed to be able to ead more than a few pages at a time. attention isn't the problem, time is the problem (and falling asleep) but don't ask me what I've been doing instead. probably on my new iPhone. old one had zero memory so no games. or streaming some show.

Linda dev said...

I don’t come anywhere near that but I’ve read a few of yours listed and enjoyed them. I love how your app breaks them down. Happy New Year!